Honeydew Honey is a special variety of honey made from the joint efforts of honey bees and small insects that feed on tree sap, producing drops of nectar glistering like morning dew in the sun, hence the name “honeydew”. This is believed to be the same as “manna from heaven” mentioned in biblical times. The bees feed on the honeydew excreted from the aphids to produce an absolutely pure organic end product.
Honeydew honey don’t normally crystallize due to the reduced levels of glucose.
Color: dark to black color.
Taste: dense taste with medium sweetness, specific aroma.
Extremely useful for treatment and prophylaxis. Traced back to the Egyptian papyrus where the type of honey is recommended for treatment of kidney, stomach and liver diseases. Contains higher phenolic content responsible for the anti-bacterial activity as well as higher amino acid composition and disease-fighting antioxidant capacity than any of the floral honeys. Great food for children, athletes, people who recover from illness.
- Superior therapeutic effect and natural antibacterial action, including speeding wound healing, reducing bacteria number and preventing bacteria spread
- Strengthens the immune system in a unique way and prevents anemia
- Affects positively the entire bloodstream – strengthens the heart muscle, helps blood vessels to be healthier and more elastic and increases the presence of hemoglobin in the blood
- Works well on the nervous system – boosts brain function, helps restore neurons in the brain, strengthens memory
- Honeydew concentrates more essential nutrients than floral honeys, particularly potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin C, raising energy levels and preventing hypoglycemia
- Serves as prebiotic, promoting digestive health and nutrient absorption, and improves the overall gastrointestinal function
- Natural remedy for gastritis – the honey is believed to have a protective action of the stomach lining, encouraging it to produce more mucous and reducing stomach acid production
- Natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action, treating respiratory tract infections – cold and flu, cough and sore throat
- Promotes skin health – when applied directly on the skin it accelerates wounds, burns and sunburns healing, it makes skin smooth and radiant, has mild exfoliating and astringent effect, unclogging pored and reducing acne breakouts when used consistently over time.
- Higher content of antioxidants than in other honey types, especially polyphenols, flavonoids, carotenoids and other, protecting cells against oxidative stress and preventing chronic diseases as a result of it; also holding anti-aging benefits
- Improves vision – strengthens the eyeball and the visual nerves
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- A spoonful directly from the jar before breakfast; or spread on a crusty bread, French toast or pancakes
- Mix it with walnuts to make a superfood for the body and the brain
- Culinary – spread it over roasted pumpkin or scraped apples; with baked fish
- Cosmetics – apply it directly on your skin to heal it and recover its natural glow
Austria Bio Garantie BG-BIO-016 – USDA Certified
Organic, Truly Raw, Non-Irradiated, Unpasteurized, Low Sodium, High in Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants.